Friday 13 June 2014

DR. DOLAPO FASAWE'S GLOWING TRIBUTE TO LATE HUSBAND

No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship
of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth.
Robert Southey

May the road rise up to meet you,
may the wind be ever at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face
and the rain fall softly on your fields.
And until we meet again,
may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.


I need Thy presence every passing hour;
What but Thy grace can foil the tempter's power?
Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me.
I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless;
Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness;
Where is death's sting? Where, grave, thy victory?
I triumph still, if Thou abide with me.

Seun, my husband, my dear husband, I'm not sure I can really express just how much I miss you and how much I wish you were here. It is so hard to explain just how much you mean to me, but I so want to try.
From the beginning it was your sense of humour, your big smile and the way your presence in any room could not be ignored. You were at your best when holding court, with all attention on you. You had the sweetest gists and your aura, oh that your aura…
When we first met 13 years ago, I remembered being overwhelmed by a desire to become a part of your world. You were so full of life, exciting, fun and interesting and you remained so until the day you left us.


I have always felt so lucky that you chose me to share in your life experiences and I am so grateful for some exceptionally special memories and times. While I cannot believe that you are gone - I am in shock and hurting so very much - I am comforted and consoled by the rich memories that we formed over our years together and by our 2 wonderful sons.
Oluwakayode Joshua and Ayomideji Daniel are the best and most precious gifts you have given me. I promise you that I will love them and cherish them, and bring them up in the way of the Lord.
Seun, you will never ever be forgotten and we will miss you so very much. You, above all people, knew how hard I found it to say goodbye to others we have lost along the way, so I know you will understand if I don't say it to you. What I will say instead is 'see you when the Lord says’
I pray for mercy that you are in heaven, I know you are looking down at me with a big smile on your face saying, “Forge ahead – make the best of life and I will see you soon. Dolapo, we have work to do up here, too.”
My heart is heavy, I am so sad. I am at a loss; words fail me as the words in my heart are too heavy to bear out in a tribute. My tribute to you is for a lifetime. Seun, I hope you still know, I pray it still shows and I know you still hear what my heart wants to say.
Till we meet again in the bosom of Christ where I believe you are, Goodnight my darling husband.
Oko mi atata, sun re o.
Dolapo




Dear Daddy.
Daddy, we all knew you are in a better place
Daddy, you are free; run free, Sing with angels.
We know you had asthma attacks but
you are in heaven feeling much better
We all hated to see you in such condition
And we were gutted to hear the news
I know you will be happy to see how mum is doing
She is being strong for us and we are being strong for her
She is going to keep us safe and we'll do the same for her
We have a lot of support and we will be fine
I will step up Dad!

From: Your first chap as you always called me,
Kayode Fasawe

Dear Daddy,
I really miss you
I know you were asthmatic but I understand why you died
But one thing I don't understand
Is why you cannot talk to me anymore?
I want to hear your voice again Daddy
And I really miss you
And I wish you were here

From your baby as you called me: Ayomideji Fasawe

No comments:

Post a Comment