Wednesday 3 September 2014

OLOORI LADUN SIJUWADE PAYS GLOWING TRIBUTE TO LATE MOTHER



Oloori Ladun Sijuwade


-Exclusive Family Pictures 
Oloori Ladun Sijuwade and mother

Oloori Ladun Sijuwade, the wife of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade Olubuse 11, pays a glowing tribute to her late mother, Chief (Mrs)
Flora Olamide Harold- Sodipo who died on July 24 and was buried on August 29, 20014. 
Mama Flora Harold-Sodipo


Orisa Bi Iya Mi O Si!
Mama with her children-Bayo, Ladun and Dapo

My mummy is truly a great woman (akin obinrin). The last of the titans- a unique beauty endowed with super aura, strength and intellect. Your type only walk this earth every other century, I am told.
The day that curtains fell and you took your bow out of this terrain, that exact minute, the heavens opened to receive you, when it rained heavily with thunder and lightning crackling frightfully, confirming a heroine has gone to meet her Maker. Orisa bi iya mi o si o
I am mortified my lifetime tower of support and strength has gone. Though you had always warned me that sooner or later, you will depart, I felt you were a “never say die” mum whom I selfishly wanted to be with me longer. I am so numb, more like dumb founded. My tears keep stinging my eyes.
You were my older sister and best friend who had such a huge heart, tolerating my whims and caprices, though sternly. You faced every difficulty I had with me, fought every fight with me, was happy when I was happy and sad when I was sad. You were physically with me at each child bearing. I instilled your ardour for fashion and the arts in me. You literally breathed every breath of life in me! You were tirelessly a mother to over a hundred nieces, nephews and whosoever crossed your path.
For all you are to me mummy, I endeavoured to take care of you, even mother you as you did to me; with all my love and with all the commitment I could muster up. To think you and I will not joke and talk as part of our daily routine, nor hear you rave in Hausa at our domestic staff, knocjked the wind out of my sails!
But as I know my Redeemer lives, I know my darling mummy is in with the Lord. Her fervent prayer for us and her extended family has accordedher a place with the saints. As she is interceding for us over there, I pray my children and other children from such exemplary mothers (if your type can ever be found in the anals of history again) will be able to look after their mothers and children with such selfless compassion.
Sun re mama mi, omo abulu gbaragburu, iya Dapo, aya Akogun Egba.

Ladun
Your Okanlawon


 
Mama with her husband, Chief Adedamola Harold-Sodipo


Mama with her family-Ladun, Dapo, Chief Harold-Sodipo and Bayo


Mama and her grand daughters

Mama during her 90th with Ladun, Ayora Bola Kuforiji-Olubi, the Ooni of Ife, son, Dapo and Bishop Asaju

Mama Harold-Sodipo with the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu

Mama on her 75th birthday with Titi Lofinmakin, Ladun and Prince Tokunbo Sijuwade

Mama at her 75th birthday with her granddaughter in-law, Princess Aminat Sijuwade

Mama with the Otunba Adekunle and Erelu Ojuolape Ojora,  grandson, Aderemi Sijuwade, Ladun and Ngozi Nkoloenyi,

Mama during Ladun's Call-to-bar, with Otunba TOS Benson and Chief Mrs Olaperi Sonibare

Mama with Funlola, Chief Christopher and Theresa Abebe, Adedapo, Ladun, at her first granddaughter, Dayo Harold-Sodipo's graduation.



No comments:

Post a Comment