Tuesday 7 February 2017

Gov Okowa Debunks $10m Scandal, Says "I Don't Believe In Keeping Mistresses"

IMG_5384Governor of Delta state Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa has debunked widespread rumour that he was the South South governor said to have been swindled out of $10 million by a US based actress, Georgina Onuoha.
But the Governor at a media parley on Tuesday in Asaba debunked the allegation as spurious, adding: “I don’t believe in mistress, I have embraced God over ten years ago, I’m a Christian who do not believe in mistress, the allegation was strictly the handwork of my critics and opposition party members”.
The Governor explained that the report was not only malicious, but unfounded as the federal government’s bail out was never paid in dollars, adding that bailout funds was judiciously used for infrastructural development of the state.
"People who know me, I have a pattern of life. My party the PDP has issued an official statement on the issue. I gave my life to Christ several years ago and I know who I am...If Jesus Christ could be accused, who am I?" he retorted, while fielding questions from journalists at the 2017 Quarterly Media Interaction at Government House Asaba.
It is the first public address Okowa has given the issue but he quickly swung to other issues, including his SMART agenda and return of former Delta governor James Ibori, who served time in a UK jail on allegations of misappropriation.
Okowa said he was not aware of any plans that Ibori and his political dynasty were moving to join the APC reuniting with his family, not politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment