Wednesday 5 July 2017

Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim Speaks Again, Absolves Girls of Leaking Sex Video


A former governor of Yobe State and serving senator, Bukar Abba Ibrahim, on Tuesday broke his silence again over sex video depicting him dressing up with two girls in the room.
On Monday, an online news portal, Sahara Reporters, released a sex video involving the senator and two girls in what appeared like a hotel room, which elicited an unprecedented criticisms and comments from Nigerians.
He spoke with PREMIUM TIMES on Monday, saying it was intrusion into his private life.
But the senator told BBC Hausa Service on Tuesday that the video was a handiwork of opposition politicians who are bent on tarnishing his reputation.
“I did not watch the video but from what I have gathered, it is a handiwork of politicians. It is not something new in politics. Whatever they spread about me will not bother me,” he said.
When asked whether the politicians he blames come from state or national, the senator said “I have not yet determine the politicians. We are still investigating it to ascertain where it originated.
“The young girl, whose name was mention, might not be behind the video. I am sure she was not behind this, but when the time comes, we would make it known to the public. People should exercise patience. There is nothing further from the truth.
On whether he knew the girls, he claimed ignorance of the girls.
“I did not know these girls. I don’t know them and I have never met them. I was only told of the video, because I have not yet watched it. Anyone I asked of it would say they don’t have it, and my mobile phone has no Watsapp or internet. I only make and receive calls.
“If I receive a text message, I reply. Besides these, I do nothing with my phone,” he said.
Mr Ibrahim added that he intends to take no action on the politicians he blamed for the video release, saying that “I have no plan to take any action. As I told you, this is the handiwork of politicians. I won’t take any action. But I leave them to God. This is the thing we have been seeing it happen to some people and now it came to us.”


No comments:

Post a Comment