Thursday 20 November 2014

LAGOS 2015: MY ACHIEVEMENT AS A COMMISSIONER VALIDATES ME AS THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB- OBAFEMI HAMZAT




Lagos State Governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr Kadri Obafemi Hamzat has highlighted why he wants to be the next governor of Lagos State.
Hamzat, whose new appellation is Itesiwaju Eko, detailed his plans and manifesto to party leaders at the Ifako-Ijaiye Local Government during the continuation of his meet-the-people tour of local governments in the state. In his words, he said ‘I am a true definition of continuity in Lagos. I am the best candidate for this job. I am the best man who should govern Lagos State after Governor Fashola’.
Speaking Further, Hamzat said ‘I started work in Lagos as a commissioner for Science and Technology in 2005 through 2011, during which I was able to achieve a lot. I introduced most of the electronic measures we have in Lagos State today. From the e-payment of tax, to helping the state Internally Generated Revenue rise from 1bn to 20bn. My performance as Commissioner for science and technology brought about my appointment as the Lagos State Commissioner for Works and Housing’.
According to Hamzat, 'Some of my achievements as Commissioner for works are; the completion of the Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge linking Admiralty Way to Bourdillon Road, Nigeria’s first cable-stayed bridge and the completion of the Lekki Expressway with the upgrade, Expansion and maintenance of approximately 50km of the Lekki-Epe Expressway (Phase I), and construction of Yaya Abatan road inwards Ogba, Cemetry Road in Ajeromi Ifelodun and others across the state'.

Continuing he said ‘I know we have many good aspirants in the party and I won’t condemn any of them. But trust me when I say I remain the best candidate of them all. I have been in the system. I have headed several of the committees in Lagos which shows how effective my work rate has been. I need to blow no horn to validate the fact that I will truly make Lagos progressive. My antecedent as Commissioner for Science and Technology coupled with my present office as Works Commissioner is enough to speak for me", he said. 

Hamzat who arrived at the Women Development Centre situated in Agege, Lagos, at 1:30pm to the waiting hands of elated party members, also took time to clear the air of the speculation of him stepping down for another candidate. He said he is more determined to see his political pursuit through. He is of the conviction that, with the support of the electorate and the good people of Lagos State, he would emerge the party’s candidate come December, 3rd 2014.

Hamzat also assured the party leaders that if he eventually emerged as the party’s candidate and go on to win the 2015 Gubernatorial Election, he would ensure that party members are not neglected and their welfare will be properly taken care of.
He said ‘I will ensure that we return to the days of Lateef Jakande where quarterly town hall meetings are held for us to understand the pain and agony of our party members at every time. I am a man of the people. I am not just a technocrat, I am sold out to promoting the welfare of the people. I care about the masses, especially our mothers and children".

In Hamzat's estimation, ‘For Lagos to remain progressive, we need a capable hand who knows how things are done in government. Remember that you can’t give the job of a carpenter to a plumber. No matter how smart he is, he will always fail to deliver. I know how Lagos can develop more technologically and in every other facets without hiccup. Quite interestingly too, my manifesto is titled ‘Building A State That Lasts".

No comments:

Post a Comment