Saturday 2 September 2017

World's Greatest Athlete, Serena Williams, Is Now A Mother

Serena Williams has a lot to celebrate in her life: She's the world's greatest athlete, she gets paid, she found love in a hopeless place (that would be Reddit), she can make a $50 Zara dress look designer, and she's broken so many world records you'd think there wouldn't be any left. Now, she officially adds another accomplishment to the list: new mom.

Williams and her fiancé, Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian, have welcomed a baby girl, according to Chris Shepherd of WPBF 25 in West Palm Beach, Florida. No word yet on the baby's name, but she reportedly weighs 6 pounds, 13 ounces and "mom and baby [are] doing well."
Williams' friend, THE Beyoncé, even congratulated the tennis pro on Instagram shortly after the announcement:
Ever since she accidentally revealed her baby bump on Snapchat (as you do), Williams has been open about her pregnancy with her fans, even turning to her Twitter followers for advice on how to turn over at night and hilariously documenting her "baby 101" class on Snapchat.
Williams (and her bump) also posed nude for the legendary Annie Leibovitz for the cover of Vanity Fair; in the accompanying interview, she revealed how much the pregnancy took her by surprise. "It just doesn't seem real. I don't know why. Am I having a baby?" she said. "If you would have told me last year in October or November that I would have a baby, not be pregnant but have a baby, I would have thought you were the biggest liar in the world. This is kind of how I am right now. This is happening sooner than later, and it's going by so fast." She added, "I don't know what to do with a baby."
We think she'll be just fine, given the beautiful open letter she wrote to her unborn child in honor of Ohanian's birthday. "My Dearest Baby, you gave me the strength I didn’t know I had," she wrote on Instagram. "You taught me the true meaning of serenity and peace. I can't wait to meet you. I can't wait for you to join the players box next year. But most importantly, I am so happy to share being number one in the world with you...once again today. On @alexisohanian bday. From the world's oldest number one to the world's youngest number one. -Your Mommy"

No comments:

Post a Comment