Monday 29 September 2014

MY MENTORS AND I, BY BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO



I strongly believe every believer must have a mentor he looks up to, and to whom he is accountable. Every believer should belong to a spiritual family tree. A lack of this will result in irresponsible Christians and ministers of the gospel.
My wife and I with the Hagins in Tulsa, Oklahoma
I was divinely led by God to Pastor E. A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, in 1983, when it was time to be commissioned into full-time Ministry.
God told me to send for Pastor Adeboye, to lay hands on me for the impartation of the Spirit of Wisdom. I have since enjoyed close relationship with Pastor Adeboye, whom I proudly and publicly call “My father”.
Kenneth Copeland and I
God also divinely led me to the late Archbishop Benson Idahosa, Kenneth E. Hagin, Kenneth Copeland, T.L, Osborn and the oldest evangelist, Pa Sadela.
My wife and I with T.L. Osborn-Tulsa, Oklahoma


Shortly before his departure in 2012
My wife and I with the Adeboyes



I enjoy the graces upon these men in life and Ministry, causing me to produce results after their kind. I fondly recall the day I ministered in the graces on the lives of Kenneth E. Hagin and Kenneth Copeland.
Also, I frequently go to these men of God for counsel and the laying on of hands, for the release of fresh grace and unction to perform.
It is quite exciting and instructive that I still keep faith in covenant with all my mentors, including those who have gone to be with the Lord. I believe my life is an embodiment of multifaceted grace, flowing to me from different sources.
 
Add caption







My wife and I with Archbishop Benson Idahosa

With Rev. Samuel Sadela

With Kenneth and Gloria Copeland


With Kenneth Copeland, taking a walk

My wife and I with the Copelands


8 comments:

  1. To God be the honour and glory forever in Jesus awesome name

    ReplyDelete
  2. All we ministers of the gospel should learn from this...Before you make anybody your Pastor or Mentor, ask and look out for his own Pastors or mentors, no matter how anointed they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank God for the life of papa.... and you are now my mentor. am proudly to be a winner

    ReplyDelete
  4. HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH. My spiritual fathers as well! My heritage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my spiritual lineage am at home.

    ReplyDelete