Monday 29 September 2014

MY SON, DAVID OYEDEPO IS A ROLLS ROYCE BISHOP- PASTOR ENOCH ADEBOYE






The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, delivered the sermon during the thanksgiving service of Bishop David Oyedepo's 60th birthday celebration. Pastor Adeboye commissioned Oyedepo into Ministry in 1981, and he has become a permanent fixture in his life ever since then. The two great patriarchs of faith, share a father-son relationship. Pastor Adeboye makes some profound remarks during the sermon. 


There are cars and there are cars, but the Rolls Royce is in a class of its own. In the same vein, there are bishops and there are bishops. But Bishop David Oyedepo is a Rolls Royce bishop.
I am excited because he is my son. I can go anywhere and say that he is my son. I always say, humorously, that it is only in Christianity that you see a pastor who is a father to a bishop.
I don’t normally attend birthday celebrations. I always decline such request because the celebrants will not want to hear some of what you want to say. But for me, this particular birthday celebration is different. So, I am going to address my son. I want to tell him that today is a day of stock taking, when you prepare for the task ahead of you.
I have always known Bishop Oyedepo to be a very diligent man. He is a very hardworking man. There have been occasions when we have had to advise each other to take it easy with the pace at which we work. What you see here in Canaanland today, is the work of God plus diligence.
Bishop David Oyedepo is a man of influence. You may not like him, you may not like his message, but you cannot ignore him. Some people say they don’t like to listen to message on prosperity. But I always ask them if it is message on poverty they want to listen to?
My son, Bishop David Oyedepo came into a jungle few years ago, and he has turned it into a mega city within a few years. I am very proud of you my son. 
However, I want to tell you my son, that the day you become a champion, real work has just begun. This is because other people will be contending for your crown. So, it is difficult to remain a champion. The higher you go, the more careful you need to become. The bigger you are the more the opponents become. When people shower you with praise, take it like a chewing gum, swallow the sweetness and then split it out.
Don’t dwell on it for too long. Remember, the man who jumps from a high place does not suffer as much pain as the man who is pushed. Be prepared for the day ahead. Stay connected to the Lord of host. In the name of Jesus, every year, you will be going higher. But do not relax. Until you have crossed the finishing line, the race is not over and the crowning is not over.

Happy birthday my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment