Monday 8 September 2014

THREATENED BY ASSASSINS, NIGERIAN BROADCASTER CRIES OUT (READ TELEPHONE THREATS)





As news of the killing of veteran journalist, Dimgba Igwe filters with allegations that he might have been murdered, a Nigerian female journalist, Miss Chiagozie Okolo recounts an experience with her would-be assassins.


I had a funny experience which I would want to share. So I was in the office getting ready for my shift when my phone rang. The following dialogue ensued
Me: Hello Caller: we have been paid to eliminate you
Me: Hello, who is on the line?
Caller: I said we have been paid to assassinate you
Me: Do you know whom you are talking to? (at this point, I hung up) The call came again. And I picked once more. This time, he talked first his voice graver than before
Caller: Are you not Chichi Okolo? You work with Metro fm, you just recently got back from the states?
Me: Yes I am
Caller: We were paid to eliminate you. As we speak, we have your complete info. Your picture is before us.
Me: So what do you want me to do about that?
Caller: Don't fuck with us (there were background noises of people who sounded so gruffy)
Me: to borrow your language I’m not fucking with you. I just asked a simple question, what do you want me to do about that?
Caller: Good. We conducted our own investigations. And found out you are innocent of all the accusations levelled against you. So we changed our mind
Me: You have done your research well, no doubts. But you have not answered my question. What should I do about it?
Caller: Are you ready to play the ball?
Me: What ball?
Caller: Don't fuck with us
Me: I’m not fucking with you. Now since you’ve conducted your investigations and found that all you were told about me were lies, why not take your money and go?
Caller: You have to settle me and my boys 
Me: Please in what way?
Caller: It might interest you to know that one of your colleagues paid us for this job. We can even divulge the person’s identity to you 
Me: Please what kind of assassin are you that you want so much to betray the person who sent you to kill me?
Caller: We are not here to joke!!!
Me: If you don’t mind, please don’t call this line again. I have more important things to do. Please go look for job.
Caller: Send me N400 recharge card. (at this point I hung up)

(This would be the second call from scammers in two weeks)

No comments:

Post a Comment